First Download ORACLE ENTERPRISE LINUX 6.5 at http://edelivery.oracle.com. You need to SIGNUP in order to DOWNLOAD the package. After login follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Type Oracle Linux. Under FILTER PRODUCTS BY Click on and then click on PLATFORM
2. After Clicking on PLATFORM select bit accordingly (ia64, X85 32 bit, X86 64 bit) according to your needs and click on SELECT button
3. Scroll Down and Click on Continue.
4. Click on Select Alternate Release and Select ORALC LINUX according to your needs. Lets Select ORACLE LINUX 188.8.131.52 and click on CONTINUE
5.Following Popup Page will open for License Agreement. Click on CHECK BOX for the agreement and then click on CONTINUE
6. After then following POPUP page will open. DOWNLOAD V41362-01.isoOracle Linux Release 6 Update 5 for x86_64 (64 Bit) 3.6 GB
7. After Downloading ISO file. Configure VMWARE ( Hard Disk, Ram, Networks accordingly). Select ISO file (V41362-01_2.iso) under CD/DVD.
8. Click on Power On this Virtual Machine
9. Select Install or Upgrade an existing system
10. Select SKIP
11. If you see the message saying UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE. Simply Click on OK
12. ORACLE LINUX page will appear. Click NEXT
13. Under What language would you like to use during the installation process ? Select ENGLISH and Click on NEXT
14. Under Select the appropriate keyboard for the system. Select U.S. English and Click NEXT
15. Under What type of devices will your installation involve ? Select BASIC STORAGE DEVICES and Click NEXT. After then a new POPUP window (STORAGE DEVICE WARNING) will appeared, Click on Yes, discard any data
16.Name your HOSTNAME and then Click NEXT
16, Please select the nearest city in your time zone and then Click on NEXT
17. Enter the password for root user and Click on NEXT
18. Just Incase if you see WEAK PASSWORD. Click on USE ANYWAY
19. Select Which type of Installation would you like ? I use CREATE CUSTOM LAYOUT but you can select other OPTION if you like and then Click on NEXT
20. Now Allocate the Disk according to your needs. In my case, I have configured the device for my own purpose which is not mandatory to follow. Finally after creating Disk Size for the MOUNT POINT, Click NEXT : -
Note : For my own purpose I have given following volume
21.After Clicking NEXT, If you get FORMAT WARNING then Click on FORMAT.
22. After Clicking FORMAT, You will get the following POPUP message. Click on WRITE CHANGES TO DISK
23. Click on NEXT
24. Select "Basic Server" for installation and click on "Customize now" option, then click the "Next" button.
25. You will see the list of PACKAGE GROUP and under PACKAGE GROUP you can select the individual packages accordingly. After selection, Click on NEXT.
26. INSTALLATION will not start. Wait for INSTALLATION to complete.
27. Your ORACLE LINUX Server will now get complete. Click on REBOOT button to complete the installation.
28. Welcome Screen Will appear. Click on FORWARD
29. You need accept the LICENSE AGGREMENT. . Select o Yes I agree to the License Agreement and Click FORWARD
30. REGISTER your Software YES or NO accordingly. For my purpose, I prefer to select NO and then Click FORWARD
31. Click at NO THANKS, I'LL CONNECT LATER BUTTON and Click on FORWARD
32. Enter the System USERNAME , FULL NAME and PASSWORD if you like. As per my needs, I prefer not to create USERNAME for now. Click on FORWARD
33. If you click on FORWARD without providing USERNAME and PASSWORD then a new POP MESSAGE will appear saying ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CONTINUE ? Click YES
34. Select DATE and TIME according to your Country Location. Click FORWARD
35. KDUMP screen will appear. Accept the default setting and then Click on FINISH button.
36. Your PC will restart and then GUI will appear. Enter the username as root and then Click on LOGIN button. Similarly Enter the PASSWORD as well and Click on LOGIN button.
37. After LOGIN if you see this message then Click on check box DO NOT SHOW ME THIS AGAIN and then click on CLOSE button.
INSTALLATION FOR ORACLE ENTERPRISE LINUX 6.5.0 IS NOW COMPLETE
38. After login with username and password, Open Terminal and DISABLE firewall
# service iptables stop
# chkconfig iptables off
39. DISABLE SELINUX
# setenforce 0
# vi /etc/sysconfig/selinux