You can learn more about upgrade and migration paths from older releases to OWB 11gR2 here:
The Oracle Support Master Note for Oracle Warehouse Builder Upgrade To 11.2 should be checked (Doc ID 1074813.1).
Contact Oracle Support for the latest advice and patches related to OWB upgrades. This is a summary:
BEST --> OWB 184.108.40.206 + cumulative patch 1
> OWB 220.127.116.11 Standalone client for Windows 32 bit (13365457)
> OWB 18.104.22.168 Standalone client for Windows 64 bit (13365470)
> OWB 22.214.171.124 Standalone client for Lunux 64 bit (13366327)
Contact Oracle Support to check for subsequent updates.
Expiring the announcement will not delete it but will remove it from the public announcement list. Are you sure you want to expire this announcement?
Are you sure you want to delete this announcement?
Learn OWB - OWB by Example
Oracle® Database 2 Day + Data Warehousing Guide;
There are a number of OBEs that are useful for OWB, many of the 10gR2 OBEs are useful to understand how the same features are used in 11gR2.
OWB 11gR2 OBEs;
- Setting Up the Oracle Warehouse Builder 11g Release 2 Environment
- Improved User Interface, Usability, and Productivity With OWB 11g R2
- Handling Flat File and COBOL Copybook Sources in Mappings
- Using Data Transformation Operators with Source and Target Operators
- Working with Pluggable Mappings
- Examining Source Data Using Data Profiling with Database 11g Release 2
OWB 10gR2 OBEs;
- Starting with Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g Release 2
- Working with Flat File Transactional Data
- Designing the Relational Target Warehouse
- Designing ETL Data Flow Mappings
- Deploying Objects in the Target Warehouse
- Loading the Target Warehouse
- Business Intelligence Modeling
Extending your knowledge:
- Setting up the Oracle Warehouse Builder Project
- Examining Source Data Using Data Profiling
- Matching and Merging Records
- Extracting, Transforming and Loading Data
- Modeling the Target Schema
- Using Experts to Automate Warehouse Builder Tasks
Migrating from 10gR1:
- Setting Up the Environment for Migration
- Migrating Design Metadata to OWB 10gR2
- Migrating Runtime Metadata to OWB 10gR2
- Deploying the Migrated Dimensions and Cube
Viewing the sub-spaces of: