Oracle’s Data Visualization portfolio takes another leap forward with the release of Data Visualization 22.214.171.124, extending its rich data discovery and visualization experience with new capabilities.
DV Desktop 126.96.36.199 offers organizations increased breadth and depth, ranging from smart visualizations that highlight patterns for easier detection to search-driven discovery, embedded data preparation and management, a long list of new data sources, and an extensible framework that allows users to incorporate custom visualizations. Oracle is unique in combining this comprehensive set of capabilities in a single, easy-to-use product.
Connect & Prepare: DV Desktop 188.8.131.52 delivers a whole new experience for accessing and managing data.
- New data connections: a host of new connections means DV Desktop 184.108.40.206 now supports over 40 sources, covering everything from the most-used personal data to the top big data sources including CSV; Microsoft Access; Google Cloud, Analytics, and Drive; Amazon Aurora and EMR; Hortonworks and MapR Hive; IBM BigInsights; and many more.
- Powerful self-service data preparation: simple yet sophisticated new data flow functionality provides a visual interface that makes it easy for users to automatically apply ongoing updates to their information, saving significant time in data preparation and increasing the accuracy of analytics. See the demo in the PM webcast recording.
- Easier data management: a redesigned Data Sources page makes it easier to find and create new connections, and the Create New Data Source page now offers the option to add filters when connecting to database sources. In addition, DV Desktop 220.127.116.11 tracks the location of Excel source files, enabling users to refresh data in their visualizations as they work. Together these offer a more streamlined way for users to get data and make it meaningful for analysis.
See & Detect: smart, intuitive options for seeing and exploring data make it faster and easier for users to understand and analyze their data, using any visualization they need:
- Smart insights: assessing data visually during upload and preparation drives faster understanding of quality and potential, which in turn streamlines getting value from analytics. DV Desktop 18.104.22.168 provides a Visual View of data so users can quickly see attributes and identify potential quality issues even before creating visualizations.
- As easy as search: BI Ask in DV Desktop means finding insights is as easy as typing into the search box. Intuitive keyword search uses fuzzy matching and natural language processing to look across the semantic layer, user data, expressions, and the catalog to dynamically generate visualizations as users type.
- New visualizations and extensible framework: in addition to new visualizations such as timeline, parallel coordinates, network, and more, DV Desktop 22.214.171.124 includes a Software Developer Kit (SDK) that allows anyone to develop and incorporate custom visuals that function as if they were native. Now customers can easily incorporate preferred and industry-specific visualizations to quickly meet their needs.
Learn & Share: greater flexibility in displaying data and sharing analytics fosters collaboration, which in turn drives collective intelligence:
- Multiple canvases: DV projects now feature multiple canvases, or tabs, allowing users to quickly highlight different information and better manage the visual presentation of their data.
- Print and export: new output and sharing options include printing all canvases and insight pages, selected pages, or even a single visualization; and exporting all canvases and pages to PDF or PowerPoint, which can then be shared as an email attachment. Users can also export the data from a visualization and save it locally as a CSV file.