Getting ready to join a Tweetchat?
Here's quick tips for participating:
- Give your Twitter followers a heads-up before you join a Twitter chat (“High tweet volume warning”)
- Share an invite to join the chat if it might be of interest to your followers.
- Reply directly for targeted conversations with one or two people.
- Include a “.” in front of an @ if you want your tweet to show up in all feeds.
- Don’t be afraid to contribute and jump in! It can be intimidating, but trust me, the moderators and participants will be glad to hear from you!
- When answering a specific question or comment from another participant, use Twitter handles to identify who you’re speaking to in order to avoid confusion.
- Always include the chat hashtag in your responses.
- Follow up with people after the chat and Keep the conversation going or get to know fellow participants on a more personal level.
- Listen carefully
- Include others in your responses by adding twitter handles
Have a Ball!