What better backdrop could we have to the annual EMEA Partner Appreciation Reception at Oracle OpenWorld 2016 than the recent news that we have added over 750 new SaaS customers including 344 new SaaS Fusion ERP customers to our business this past quarter?
This year the Oracle EMEA Partner Appreciation Reception and Oracle EMEA Partner Excellence Awards was held during Oracle OpenWorld 2016 at The Clift Hotel in San Francisco. A classy boutique residence built a century ago to coincide with 1913 opening of the Panama Canal. Today, it plays host to a celebration of the role our partners are playing in another significant technological innovation - the shift to the cloud.
The evening started with a small gathering in an upstairs bar where all of the winners assembled for a short introduction to the intended proceedings. The host for the evening, David Callaghan, SVP EMEA Alliances & Channels, warmly welcomed everyone and closed his short introduction by observing that our partners have never been more vital to help us drive advocacy within our customers.
By the time we arrived downstairs, the large wood panelled ground floor reception room was already busy with guests from throughout EMEA. Representatives from larger multinational organisations were circulating with the very many guests from smaller cloud only companies. New introductions were being made, existing relationships rekindled and small talk ensued. I spoke with two guys who had travelled 28 hours from South Africa just to be with us - Now that’s commitment!
With a loud tap on the microphone David brought the room to order so that the awards presentation could begin. One after the other the winners were brought up on stage and we heard a short description of their business and the success that supported the award. What was common to all was the very real impact these businesses were having on our own success. Collectively they were creating new IP, entering new geographies, hiring hundreds of people and every one of them focused on beating the competition. It was inspiring for all in the room to hear how these companies intend to evolve and remain at the top of their game in the years ahead.
Congratulations to the Oracle Excellence Awards 2016 - Specialized Partner of the Year - EMEA Winners:
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Database - Tieto Oy, Finland (@tieto)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Middleware - AVANTTIC Consultoría Tecnológica, S.L., Spain (@avanttic)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Servers & Storage Systems - Fujitsu Technology Solutions Sp. z o.o., Poland (@fujitsuglobal)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Engineered Systems - Al Moammar Information Systems Co., Saudi Arabia (@MISSaudiArabia)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Business Analytics - Bisoft Bilgi Teknolojileri A.Ş., Turkey (@BiSoftBilgi)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Platform as a Service (PaaS) - Version 1 Solutions Ltd., United Kingdom (@Version1Tweets)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Software as a Service (Saas) - PROMATIS software GmbH, Germany (@promatis)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Software as a Service (SaaS) - Inoapps Ltd., United Kingdom (@inoapps)
- Specialized Partner of the Year: Industries - Accenture SA, France (@AccentureFrance)
This was a fantastic evening celebrating the diversity, ambition and innovation of all of our partners.
Deservedly, the champagne flowed late into the evening. And whilst The Clift was originally advertised as the first hotel in San Francisco to be earthquake proof, the applause last night for all of our winners certainly bought the house down.