Below are some guidelines towards the type of information that should be included.
A good Problem Description would include the following information:
- Describe the current behavior including details of the loss of functionality and the full detail of any error messages associated with the issue.
- Describe the sequence of events that occurred.
- What is the expected or acceptable result?
- Is there a workaround?
- Provide business impact information, estimated number of users affected, the significance of loss, associated milestones.
- Whether it is a Production Issue or Non-Production Issue?
- Is the problem reproducible in out of the box setup?
- Detailed steps to replicate the issue in out of the box setup.
- Patch Information.
- If upgrading, please provide upgrade path versions being taken.
- Provide any additional information relevant to the problem that may assist Oracle in troubleshooting and resolving it.
Providing this information will enable the Support Engineer to collaborate with you more effectively and focus their analysis on the specific problem experienced.
Feel free to open a community thread here, if you have any questions.