On April 21, 2015, Oracle JD Edwards announces the general availability of JD Edwards World A9.4, a major new release for the JD Edwards World product line. Included in JD Edwards World Release A9.4 is a new expense management solution. JD Edwards World Expense Management applications enable companies to manage all employe expenses including expense entry, approval, and reporting.
- In addition, new expense categories for purchase card management automatically update employees’ transactions with the correct accounting information based on the expense category entered, simplifying the data entry process.
- Expense management approvals are supported by approval rules for your organization so that any expense transaction requiring an approval can be completed with the appropriate authority.
Other JD Edwards World A9.4 Application Enhancements
- Cost and Variance Capture by Work Center enables manufacturer to control profitability. Cost variances can now be defined, tracked and analyzed by work center, not just by cost components. Variances can be analyzed by work center to facilitate corrective action when required.
- Forecast Consumption by Customer improves forecasting and requirements planning accuracy. Forecasts can now be defined and consumed by customer based on actual sales and shipments. Companies who need more granular rather than aggregated values gain better insight into actual daily demand.
- Encumbrance and Commitment Accounting usability enhancements improve the tracking and auditing of commitments and encumbrances when purchase orders are cancelled, highlighting potential discrepancies in the commitment/encumbrance ledger.
- To improve the recording, reporting, and reconciling of tax information between Sales Order Management and Accounts Receivable, Procurement and Accounts Payable, new tax fields were added to both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. These new fields support the detailed tax information that Sales Order Management and Procurement supply.
- User-defined data may now be added to the General Ledger Detail file (F0911).
- To meet Spain’s legislative requirements, Modelo 347 has been updated to support all companies with an annual turnover amount of more than 3,005 Euros with any given third party (customer or supplier).
- JD Edwards World continues to monitor possible security threats and provides security software updates to address these threats and to adhere to Oracle’s Security and Compliance policies.