Isn’t this Inventory Commitment Preference Profiles? It is, but it is specifically meant only to do the following:
- Default a Preferred BP for any given product at the sales order detail level regardless of the availability of an item.
- Default a Preferred BP in the detail even if the item does not exist on the header BP.
- Does not exist on Preference Profiles P4007 set up. It uses the set up for Inventory Commitment Preferences.
- Must be flagged on the Preference Selection P40400 batch program.
- The version of the P40400 must be attached to sales order entry P4211 to preference the BP.
For more on using a slimmed down version of preferred cost center for sourcing inventory read document Preference Profiles in Sales(Doc ID 626656.1) / section Preferred Cost Center.