Does JD Edwards E1 / Electronic Commerce (EDI) function the same as World EDI? Are the programs and files the same? Does E1 have Flex Accounting and how does it differ from JDE World? Does the World A/R post program differ from E1?
What about all those files and fields? Do they all migrate from World to E1? Can you tell me if something will not migrate?
It is hard to know all the differences and pertinent information between World and E1. Just when you think you have got it, oops, there is one you have missed inadvertently. If you have gone searching in My Oracle Support (MOS) and come up dry, try these options for more assistance.
- World Upgrade Resources / Oracle Technical Catalog
- Be sure to accept the disclaimer and navigate between World and E1 in the catalog to review what may be different by objects and system codes and create reports of the information.
- Call Oracle Global Customer Support - 1.800.223.1711 or create a SR online.
- Remember: You may be questioning functionality in any system from Supply Chain, Tech to Financials. State the exact program, files, and fields in the SR. Support can assist you as more efficiently with the specific information.
- Each Support area can discuss what exists or does not exist in each software. If you need more technical assistance on how data is migrated from any World JDE system to E1, contact World Tech. They can always ask their counterparts in Applications for assistance on specific system information.
The best part... Contact us anytime; we are here to help!