Did you know you can automate the processing of transfer orders from beginning to end? Over the years, the World applications have been enhanced to accommodate the transfer order process to flow seamlessly, with little or no manual intervention required.
A transfer order is typically created to accommodate the transfer of stock items from one branch to another. The process begins at creation of the transfer order, which results in two separate orders, as follows:
- A sales order, on which the customer reflects the demand branch (typically defined with an ‘ST’ order type)
- A related purchase order, on which the supplier reflects the supply branch (typically defined with an ‘OT’ order type)
The ST and OT orders are processed individually, using the same applications you would typically use to process a standard sales or purchase order.
Listed below are the programs that have been enhanced to accommodate an automated process:
- Batch Sales Order Creation (P40211Z). This program was enhanced as of the A9.3 release to allow for the batch creation of the sales transfer order (ST) AND the related purchase order (OT). Prior to this enhancement, you were required to create transfer orders using the interactive Transfer Order Entry program (P4242).
- Shipment Confirmation (P4205). This program was enhanced in the A8.1 release to invoke the receipt routing process for the OT when you ship confirm the ST.
- Batch Shipment Confirmation (P42051). This program was created in the A9.2 release to ship confirm quantities on existing sales order lines, in their entirety. You can use the program to ship confirm transfer orders in batch mode, and simultaneously initiate the receipt routing process for the related OTs.
- The interactive and batch Voucher Match programs (P4314 and P470412). These programs were enhanced in the A9.3 release to recognize the AP Interface flag (P4314) designated for each line type in the Order Line Type Set Up program (P40205). The primary intent of the enhancement is to accommodate the transfer order process by closing out the OT without creating a voucher, as a voucher is typically unwarranted for the transfer order process.
You can fully automate the OT process, as follows
- Set up a one-step receipt route that serves to put items on the OT directly into stock when the ST ships.
- Set up a version of the interactive or batch ship confirm program (P4205 or P42051) to invoke the receipt route defined in step 1 for transfer orders.
- Set up and use a line type specifically for transfer orders, such that vouchers will not be created for the order line type.
- Utilize the Evaluated Receipts program (P43800, which calls P470412) to automatically close out OTs after they are received, with no resulting voucher.
For more information about the processes noted above, please see the following documents:
Transfer Orders (P4242/P42011z) - Document 626657.1
FAQ: Transfer Orders - Document 1538476.1
Troubleshooting Transfer Orders and Direct Ship Orders - Document 1539701.1
EDI Inbound 850 Inbound Purchase Orders - Document 626765.1
Otherwise, if you need further assistance, please log a service request.