Finding Information in Oracle… can be hard at times but there are many easy ways to help alleviate the work in searching for answers. You can also ensure better searches in My Oracle Support (MOS) and help with understanding and accuracy for service requests.
- When logging service requests provide a clear, concise description of the issue including all detailed steps to duplicate.
- Add attachments with screen shots of the program name and number as well as related files in excel format / joblogs and dump in .txt format to help in understanding and clarification of an issue.
- Has the issue also been tested in the TEST environment against the JDFOBJ (pristine) object and is the issue still able to be replicated?
- Search My Oracle Support to find answers – Use Key Words to find several types of documents
- Include a program name/number and related error numbers when searching
- Also include in your search criteria...
- Type ‘FAQ’ – Frequently Asked Questions document for topic/program
- Type ‘Troubleshooting’ – Troubleshooting document for topic/program
- Type ‘Bulletin’ – Detailed information document on topic/program
- Type ‘Information Center’ – Shows groups of documents for JDE systems (Ex. Sales, Procurement Information Center)
- If trying to further understand how to use My Oracle Support and getting it to work well for you, use Oracle Premier Support: Get Proactive! (Doc ID 432.1).
- Use website Learnjde.com when looking for more on JDE including documentation guides and click a variety of helpful links if you are a JDE User / Admin / business user or Executive.
- Use Communities to find answers and conversations regarding topics
How To Get Started In My Oracle Support Communities and Follow JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and World Communities(Doc ID 1561246.1)
We look forward to assisting you!