- Wouldn’t it be great, if you could easily track who is accessing your ERP system?
- What are the objects that are being accessed?
- When is there peak load on the system, or what would be the best time to patch, based on low user volume?
- Can you identify which customizations are unused, so that you could eliminate the need to maintain these customizations?
- Is there a reliable way to determine what will be the impact on your environment, if you take an update, before taking the update?
It has been a long standing request from our Customer base to be able to track the usage of the JDE EnterpriseOne objects. With E1 Tools Release 22.214.171.124, it will be possible to track who is accessing which Applications and UBEs at what times and in which environments.
Object Tracking and Impact Analysis functionality answers it all.
- Object tracking captures users accessing EnterpriseOne
- Object Tracking captures the objects accessed by users
- Object Tracking has out of the box analytics component for system load
- Impact Analysis identifies customization used in your environment
- Impact Analysis identifies objects used, frequency of usage for impacted objects
The below pictorial representation depicts the Object usage Tracking functionality offered with Tools Release 126.96.36.199 and its key Feature.
What is planned for the future:
- BSFN/NER tracking
- Turn ON/OFF at Object type/Product Code level
- Exclusion list for commonly accessed objects
- Summarization by User or Role
- Mockup of the JET page with Analytics for Impact Analysis ( Picture Below)
With this analytics in place you can:
- Plan your upgrades/updates more efficiently
- Visual tool helps determine the impact of applying ESUs
- Improved visibility of customizations
- Plan for retrofits
- Analyze testing needs
Check this Video representation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYTR4WOS_c
Check JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Software Updates Guide for details on Objects Usage Tracking.