JD Edwards on Cloud- The Offering !
- You can run JD Edwards on Oracle Cloud by using the IaaS offerings as a substitute for your owned or hosted hardware systems.
- Regardless of whether you run on Oracle Cloud, you can also run JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Oracle Cloud by adopting any of the many PaaS and SaaS offerings to complement JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Key Benefits of JD Edwards on Cloud:
- Support for business growth :
Deployment on Oracle Cloud gives you the capability of elastic expansion without disruption.
- Greater business agility:
You can scale up or down to achieve the agility to respond quickly to changes such as acquisitions, globalization, divestitures, and regulatory or process changes, with the ability to adopt new technologies or applications functionality. With JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning,you can provision
new development, test, and production environments on Oracle Cloud quickly in response to such changes without IT bottlenecks that could lead to disruption of day to - day operations.
- Lower cost:
With Oracle Cloud deployment, you can both lower costs and make them more predictable as your cost is commensurate to usage. You reduce the need for upfront capital expenditure hardware by paying for usage as you go and eliminate wait time for hardware and other resources.
- Risk reduction:
You lower your overall risk with Oracle Cloud because you get a complete integrated technology stack from a single vendor
Provisioning a New JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Installation on Oracle Cloud:
You can provision a new JD Edwards EnterpriseOne installation on Oracle Compute Cloud Service using one of the following:
Trial Edition on Oracle Cloud
- The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Trial Edition provides a fully functional suite of interconnected virtual machines.
- These virtual machines are deployed on a single Oracle Cloud instance.
- The virtual machines contain a snapshot of an EnterpriseOne server at a certain point in time and cannot be updated.
- The Trial Edition is for demonstration purposes only and can be used it to verify functionality and investigate proof of concepts.
- The Trial Edition only contains the Pristine environment, which is one of the four standard JD Edwards EnterpriseOne environments. It does not contain a Deployment Server or allow for the creation or use of a Development Client.
Review the "Deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Trial Edition" Oracle-By-Example tutorial for instructions.
Multi-Tier Installation on Oracle Cloud
- This allows you perform a fresh install of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as a Service.
- Optionally you can also install JD Edwards Database on Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS).
- You can also use this environment for Lift and Shift of on-premise JD Edwards environment
Review the OBE (Oracle-by-Example) documentation:
"Deploying the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Oracle Linux Servers for Multi Tier Edition"
Deploying the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Deployment Server for Multi Tier Edition"
One-Click Provisioning on Oracle Cloud
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic:
- JD Edwards continues to invest in automating the deployment of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne in Oracle Cloud. JD Edwards One-Click provisioning provides an easy-to-use, automated framework for deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne environments to Oracle Cloud.
- One-Click Provisioning introduces a console that provides an automated process for deploying and scaling out a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne environment with a single click.
- The One-Click Provisioning console provides an intuitive user interface that enables you to easily provision a fully functional suite of interconnected Linux-based servers and a Microsoft Windows-based Deployment Server.
- Configure your Oracle Cloud account details and orchestrate your deployment plan by choosing the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne components, server names, and virtual machine sizes to deploy.
- The One-Click Provisioning deployment also includes the JD Edwards Server Manager Console (SMC) and Application Management Suite for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (AMS4JDE) for Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (EM 13c). This version of AMS4JDE plug-in allows you to automatically deploy the Enterprise Manager Hybrid Cloud Agent onto your Oracle Cloud environment and manage JD Edwards EnterpriseOne deployments to Oracle Cloud and on-premise from a single console.
Detailed Instructions for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic:
"Preparing for a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Deployment Using One-Click Provisioning on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Classic"
"Deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Using One-Click Provisioning on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Classic"
"Deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Using One-Click Provisioning on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Classic and Oracle Database Cloud Service"
"Deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Using One-Click Provisioning on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Classic, Oracle Database Cloud Service, and Oracle Java Cloud Service"
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combines the elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure to deliver high-performance, high availability and cost-effective infrastructure services.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure redefines how you modernize, innovate, and compete in a digital world with industry-leading compute, high-performance storage, enhanced networking and DNS, and a stack of complete and seamlessly integrated Cloud Platform services such as database and load balancing services.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne deployed on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure enables you to take advantage of these benefits and accelerate your path to digital transformation.
Detailed Instructions for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure:
"Preparing for a Deployment of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure"
"Deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 Using One-Click Provisioning on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure"
Hybrid Cloud for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne:
The term “hybrid cloud” means that making smart use of cloud technologies is not a “yes-or-no” or “all-or-nothing” decision. As customers and partners evaluate their choice of platform and deployment options against their business requirements, most configurations will result in a hybrid deployment ,model in which some of the functionality and computing resources remain on-premise and some are more optimally provisioned via cloud services. Depending on your business needs, here are some potential scenarios:
- Development and test environments can be deployed on the cloud platform while the production instance can continue running on-premise.
- EnterpriseOne test/development and production instances can be deployed on the cloud platform while some of the integrations can run on-premise or vice versa.
- EnterpriseOne test/development and production instances run on-premise or on the cloud platform while you extend and complement EnterpriseOne functionality by selectively adopting cloud-based services,such as Oracle Mobile Cloud =Service, Internet of Things Cloud Service, Business Intelligence Cloud Service, or many others.
JD Edwards supports these scenarios and hybrid deployment models, thus empowering customers and partners with choice and control. In general Oracle does not recommend splitting the tiers of a single JD Edwards EnterpriseOne environment between on-premise and cloud, for example, running the web tier on-premise and the database in the cloud.
Does Oracle provide managed services for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on Oracle Cloud?
Oracle’s Managed Cloud Services (OMCS) team provides managed services for customers running Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne instances on Oracle Cloud or on-premises. Oracle partners can also provide managed services with JD Edwards on Oracle Public Cloud.
E1: OCI: Frequently Asked Questions for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on the Oracle Cloud (Doc ID 2093838.1)
E1: OCI: Getting Started with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on the Oracle Cloud (Doc ID 2149203.1)