The following steps give details on how to deploy JD Edwards Trial Edition on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure:
- Obtain the PuTTY tool (http://www.putty.org) for generating SSH key pairs on the client machine that you will use to connect to any Linux server deployed by One-Click Provisioning.
- Generate Secure Shell (SSH) Key Pairs on Your Local System
- Create a Compartment
- Create a Virtual Cloud Network
Creating a Trial Edition Instance in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
1. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Trial is a single compute instance that contains the supported version of the Linux operating system as well as all the interconnected machines that are necessary to run the Trial Edition version of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Note the Filters in the below screenshot to search the image :
2. Create a Compute Instance >> Provide Name >> Select the shape from the market place as seen above
3. Provide Availability Domain >> Select Virtual Machine(VM) vs Bare Metal (BM), Currently only VM is supported for JDE Trial >> Select the Shape VM Standard 2.4 ( as of now)
4. Provide Compartment Name >> Virtual Cloud Network(VCN) >> Subnet
5. Provide Boot Volume Size
6. Upload SSH public Key and Click Create
7. Instance Getting provisioned
8. Once the instance is running, putty to the public IP of the instance
- Enter the port number or select default
Due to various security concerns and application functionality, the script will not allow you to enter these restricted ports:
1521, 5500, 7001, 7005, 7006, 7070, 7071, 7072, 7075, 7076, 7077, 8001, 9702, 9703, 9704 9705.
- These syntax rules for all passwords are
enforced by the script:
- Must be between 8 and 10 characters
- Must contain at least one letter and one number
- Cannot contain any shell metadata characters such as $, |, @, and so on.
- Configure Trial Edition? Y
10. The Scripts will start configuring the Trial Edition on the instance
11. Performing First Time Configuration on the Trial Edition Instance
12. Testing the HTML instance
Where the IP address is the IP of the Compute Instance on which Trial Edition is configured.
For the details on how to install follow this link: Deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Trial Edition on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure