Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne previously published a Reference Architecture best practices white paper for implementing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with preconfigured security and high availability (HA). JD Edwards has automated this reference architecture to accelerate the deployment of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.2 including the latest enhancements and patches with Tools 9.2.3 on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and reduce the total cost of implementation.
JD Edwards Reference Architecture Automation for OCI
Provisioning of JD Edwards reference architecture on OCI leverages Terraform automation for Infrastructure provisioning (Creating VCN, VMs, DBS, Storage, Load Balancer, and Security) and One-Click Provisioning automation to deploy JD Edwards EnterpriseOne components. The target environment provisioned using the Reference Architecture automation can be a new JD Edwards instance for new businesses or expanding to new geographies or can be further leveraged for:
- Lift & Shift to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for customers on Application release 9.2.x
- Move & Improve on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (Upgrade to code current as part of Lift & Shift to OCI) for customers on JD Edwards Application releases 9.0.2 and 9.1.
Benefits of Reference Architecture
- Optimized for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Preconfigured Security
- High Availability
- Validated by JD Edwards with each release cycle
- Consistent implementation on OCI
- Reduces risks (tested configuration) and streamlines support
Release: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Release 9.2 (code current) and Tools 9.2.3
Platform: Linux with Oracle Database Cloud Service
Support for Multiple Databases with JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning
Oracle also announces support to provision and configure multiple database servers for different path codes on Oracle Database Cloud Service or Oracle database installed on OCI. Customers can leverage Terraform automation to provision multiple Oracle Database Cloud Service Instances and use One-Click Provisioning to deploy JD Edwards’s database schema. JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning supports up to five databases one per each pathcode (Shared, PD, DV, PY and PS)
Release: JD Edwards Enterprise One Applications releases 9.2 and Tools 9.2.3
Platform: Linux with Oracle Database
For more information, see the following resources:
- Solution Document: Learn about deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Learning Path: Deploying JD Edwards EnterpriseOne using JD Edwards Reference Architecture
This announcement demonstrates Oracle’s continuing investment in JD Edwards products and our commitment to our customers to enable their journey to a digital enterprise.