You can use the approval process for two types of approvers:
Approval route dictates the flow of the purchase approval process, therefore the purchase order will go to the approvers defined in the route if the purchase order total amount is higher than the user defined values entered in the ”From Amount” field. Although not recommended to have more than one person at an approval limit this scenario is often necessary in order to assure the process continues without interruption, which may consist in approvers being on vacations or just possible shifts in responsibilities.
The complexity of this option resides in the address book setup which will imply defining several layers of email contacts for the users defined in the route.
Hence, in a purchase order approval process with 3 approvers in the route code the business flow for a monetary hierarchy would be as follows:
- After generating the purchase order mail should go to the first approver (from originator's id) for approval of order.
- As soon as first approver approves the order then system should sends two emails, one is to originator and another one is to second approver.
- As soon as second approver approves the order then system again should sends two emails, one is to originator and another one is to third approver.
- As soon as third approver approves the order then system send mail to originator.
More information and examples can be found in the following KM documents:
- E1: 43: Approval Processing in EnterpriseOne (Doc ID 2090884.2)
- E1: 43: Approval Processing in Procurement with Multiple Approvers (Case Study) (Doc ID 2081249.1)