Question 1: We have open receipts where we paid the supplier using accounts payable or that we do not need to pay the supplier for. How can we clear the open RNV (Received Not Vouchered) from the receipts without reversing receipts?
Answer 1: In the case that receipts cannot or will not be reversed, the best way to clear the remaining RNV is to perform the following.
- Create a 3-way Voucher Match selecting the open receipt with Match Option 1.
- In the voucher add a second line (Match Option 4) for a negative amount. The account number used for the new line will be a business decision based on why the receipt is being closed. This negative line will offset with a Credit to the A/P trade account creating a zero-dollar voucher.
- Post the net zero-dollar voucher.
Note: Ensure that the added line is a negative lump sum amount (typically a J line type) with a valid Account Number. Also, set the P4314 processing options to NOT create a new line on the purchase order unless you want to wash the dollar amounts on the PO as well.
This information is also documented in Voucher Match FAQ (P0411 / P4314 ) (Doc ID 1305052.1).
Question 2: What tools are available to help analyze the Received not Vouchered Account?
Answer 2: We have a set of programs that can be used to reconcile the Received Not Vouchered Account. These are described in the following knowledge document: Voucher Logging and Received Not Vouchered (RNV) Clearing Account Reconciliation (R09150)(Doc ID 986024.1)
In addition, there are some reports available:
- R43450 Received not Vouchered Reconciliation Report
And if you have licensed One View, the following reports are available from Program P43260 One View Purchase Order Receipts Inquiry:
- Received not Vouchered by Company; Received Not Vouchered by Fiscal Period; Received Not Vouchered by Item; and Received Not Vouchered by Supplier