Besides the traditional methods import/export JD Edwards transactions to other applications and systems using Batch Processing, Interoperability tables or EDI, JD Edwards Enterprise One offers a lot of standard Business Services (BSSVs). They enable software applications that are written in various programming languages and are running on various platforms to exchange information. BSSVs are based on widely used open standards like XML, SOAP, and WSDL. Because they are based on open standards, the knowledge for creating BSSVs interfaces is widely available. Also there are numerous third party programs and APIs for running SOAP/WSDL calls.
The standard Business Service for Address Book is the Address Book Manager (JP010000). It has methods for importing, changing, deleting and exporting single or multiple Address Book records or Contacts.
It has multiple methods like:
- processAddressBook – for importing, changing and deleting Address Book records into JDE
- getAddressBook – for exporting Address Book records to third party systems
- processContact – for importing, changing Who’s Who, Phones and Electronic Address for Address Book contacts.
- getContact – for exporting Who’s Who information from Address Book to third party systems https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E64610_01/EOAAA/additional_info.htm#EOAAA1431
- Oracle JD Edwards Technical Catalog (Doc ID 1361438.1)
- Testing Business Services (Doc ID 2241495.2) includes sample xml for testing the Address Book Manager Business Service.