The following products will have updates available during the month of July. Below are key highlights for each release. For more information, please refer to the corresponding product documentation for additional details and visuals of the newly added features once the product becomes available.
Oracle Prime v17.7
Oracle Prime 17.7 introduces the Field application, a comprehensive, end-to-end solution for collaboration at a construction site. Prime Field includes a web application with an accompanying iOS application for workers on the jobsite. Prime Field for iOS supports offline mode and takes a drawing-first approach to complete mission critical functions. Prime Field provides configurable workflows and forms that conform to project standards, letting field workers use familiar processes. Using location recognition in Drawing Management, the project manager and project engineer can streamline Issues Management, Inspections, and commissioning. With the intuitive Daily Reports feature, site superintendents can receive subcontractor input, fill in missing information, and complete the report in an efficient and timely manner. Integration with the Document Exchange provides access to all files that came in via the Submittals process right on the mobile application. Mobile users have access to device features like photos to encourage rich data input and barcode scanning for quick access to locations and items.
Submittals will be the first document type managed in Document Exchange. Submittals can be added one at a time or added by importing them from a PDF project specification manual. Features include both an out of the box workflow and custom workflows using the workflow engine, ability to attach multiple document types, notifications to identify when an item is in a specific users court, required actions and current status.
Portfolio Managers can now use the efficient frontier to visualize the set of optimal portfolios that offers the highest expected return for a defined level of risk for a given level of expected return. Portfolio's Evaluation Categories now allows you to reverse the rank in a single click and edit the weight percentage. This gives you more flexibility in defining the ranking order.
Custom Workflows are now supported for Change Orders, Budget and Submittals. e.g. A custom workflow can be configured for the Submit action in the change order object. Any user with edit privileges to change orders can take the submit action, and therefore initiate a workflow.
Certain folders are pre-created on Projects and will be used by the Prime Field App to store files automatically. Additionally, make use of the new "Sync File to Mobile" feature to selectively and efficiently sync files to Prime Field Mobile App.
Other enhancements include Project Construction Cost field on the Project settings, Simplified batch import of Users and Companies, the page level breadcrumb are simplified to only show the main object the user is working with along with the page for the currently opened app and in addition users can now select and work with different companies.
Primavera P6 EPPM v17.7
Our P6 EPPM customers will be excited to see several major enhancements in version 17.7. Customers will now be able to print from the EPS, Activity, and Resource Assignments views. We’ve also added new HTML5 Activity Network and Trace Logic views to help customers better understand the relationships and organization of their schedules.
P6 Professional Client customers will see dramatic performance improvements with the addition of enhanced local caching. Local caching will improve the responsiveness of the application in many areas, including scheduling, copy project, and updating relationships.
Primavera Unifier v17.7
Primavera Unifier 17.7 introduces a number of functional and usability enhancements.
- An additional type of vendor filtering for the RFB type BP has been added
- The current year in the Portfolio Manager can now display the actuals for each prior month rather than just showing a total
- The NPV of a lease can be calculated
- Tasks for inactive users can now be reassigned to other users
- A new web service has been added to update the attributes of existing codes in the cost sheet
- Notifications are sent to a new bidder if the email address changes on the master vendor business process.
- The P6 Activity Picker setting the value in the WBS Code has now been extended to other cost type BPs.
- In the BP and Task Log a new search has been added separate from the Views, the Filter has been renamed to Find on Page to reflect more accurately the functionality provided, double clicking on a record will now open the record, if there is more than one page of records the sort will retrieve the data from the server rather than sorting in the browser and we have added the ability to switch back to the classic view.
- Bulk Edit and Bulk Action have a new user interface and both now support Dynamic Data Sets
- In the document manager the folder now has a hover over to display the number of folders and files it contains
- When configuring a custom report with an external data model, the main data view is no longer required
- The Configuration Package Component List will now show an additional column when viewing the Basic Data Definitions and Dynamic Data Sets that indicates if it is included in the selected designs
Primavera Gateway v17.7
Primavera Gateway v17.7 continues with improvements around enabling custom code extensions to make an effort of developing new connections with external applications easier and more intuitive for the gateway implementation team. In Primavera Gateway 17.7 we added a new feature – External Custom Providers - that allows a new provider to be built, deployed and maintained outside of Primavera Gateway Framework. By leveraging Primavera Gateway SDK and sample code, partners and implementation consultants can now significantly reduce the time required for developing custom integrations.
Primavera Analytics v17.7
The July release of Analytics for both on premise and cloud customers contains many new features, including:
- New dashboards focused on project performance and schedule health
- Improved options for P6 history capture and Unifier BP data element support
- More self-service data visualization samples using Oracle Data Visualization
- Support for Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) allowing for near real-time updates between P6 and Primavera Analytics
- Hybrid support allowing you to mix on premise and cloud solutions
Instantis Enterprise Track v17.2
The July release of Instantis is for on premise and cloud customers.
This new version provides customers with better program management capability. With 17.2, programs will have more capability to include proposed projects in programs, track various project-like attributes at the program level and to plan financials targets across all projects and proposals in the program.