In the post Cloud Components: Making marketers more productive, I introduced Cloud Components and how they are used in Eloqua landing pages.
So, what exactly is involved in building a Cloud Component? I'm glad you asked!
The first step is developing and hosting a Cloud Component Provider that:
- Is developed in the language of your choice, and hosted in the *Cloud*, external to the Eloqua application.
- Contains one or more Cloud Components that can be used on Eloqua Landing Pages.
- Exposes a set of service Endpoints for each component, which the Eloqua Cloud Components Framework will call out to.
- Publishes a Service Definition, in JSON format, that will be used to register the Provider within Eloqua.
Details on the structure of a Cloud Component Provider can be found in the following posts:
- Building Cloud Components: The Endpoints
- Building Cloud Components: The Service Definition
Now that we've described the things from a high-level, check out Building Cloud Components: Hello World, My First Provider to get more technical.