With Eloqua's Summer release, a new RESTful endpoint was developed for retrieving a visitor profile.
Here is an example of its usage:
The response contains information from the Visitor profile in Eloqua. The information you can currently retrieve is:
|visitorId||The ID of the Visitor profile|
|createdAt||Date the Visitor profile was created|
|V_IPAddress||IP address of the Visitor|
|V_LastVisitDateAndTime||Date of last visit to an Eloqua asset for this profile|
|externalId||Customer GUID for this Visitor profile|
|contactid||The Contact record ID associated to this profile, if any|
One common usage scenario for this endpoint is retrieving Eloqua Contact information when all you have is a GUID from the Eloqua cookie. For example:
- Search for a Visitor profile by the externalId using the GUID, a10746a6-2480-425b-9db7-f20f4ac1c37e.
- From the response, grab the contactId (if there is one)
- Use the Eloqua API to look up the Contact record by ID
For more information on:
- Determining the appropriate base URL for your instance of Eloqua, see Using the Eloqua API - Determining Endpoint URLs (login.eloqua.com)
- URL parameters, see Eloqua REST API - URL Parameters
- Authenticating, see The specified item was not found.