Wouldn't it be nice to view a SFDC Campaign member's email status in SFDC? Wouldn't it be nice to break down the statuses in an SFDC Campaign Member Report? I was asked if it is possible to send these email statuses to a SFDC Campaign and after a trail run it turns out it is very possible with Program Builder.
Before Sending Email:
Set Campaign ID Field in Eloqua (In my instance it is ZZ - Last SFDC Campaign ID) to the SFDC Campaign in which the status updates will be sent.
- This can easily be done by adding all the Eloqua Contacts to a Contact Group then using Data Manipulation -> Field Values to set all Eloqua Contacts to the desired SFDC Campaign.
Sending the Email:
Create simple program to send the email and then add contact to the Set Campaign Status Program created for the specific email.
What this Set Campaign Status Program does:
Sets the Eloqua Contact's SFDC Campaign Member Status to Bounced, Unsubscribed, Opened or Clicked-through and updates SFDC with this status.
The Set Campaign Status Program:
- During the trial I noticed some statuses of Opened and Clicked-through ended up unsubscribing so I added in an extra delayed Unsubscribed decision rule to weed out those instances.
- I now copy this program for each email I would like to use it for and choose the email in the Opened Email? and Clicked-through Email? decision rules.
- I explored making these decision rules any email in the last day but filtering a few of my groups indicated there normally are a few contacts who have opened an email within a day.
Overview of a Set Status path:
Breakdown of each Set Status Step:
Set Status to Bounced:
- Same action used for Status Settings. For Example, Blank. Update Rule Set created to Set the ZZ - Last SFDC Campaign Status" field to ""
Update Status in SFDC:
- Used Lead as example. Contact is the same but with Contact ID.
The Report in SFDC:
(In SFDC Campaign: View All Campaign Members --> Hide Details --> Summarize Information By: Member Status)
The Full Program:
How this program has helped me:
I currently send out open reports for about 3 emails a week. Implementing this program with these campaigns will not only eliminate the need for me to send the report which will save me a good amount of time but it will also give the end SFDC user much more insight into the lead's email history.