Polling questions are a great way to keep your audience engaged during a live webinar. However, if you ask the right questions, polls also provide an excellent opportunity to learn more about prospects in a non-intrusive way. And, when you capture this valuable data in Eloqua, it can be used for lead scoring, nurturing, and tailored follow-up.
I’ll use ReadyTalk as an example to show you the power of using polling data in your next Eloqua webinar program …
Ask the Right Questions
At ReadyTalk, we provide audio and web conferencing services. We conduct frequent webinars to generate and nurture leads. Two polling questions that we commonly ask during online events are:
- What are the biggest challenges you are facing with your webinar programs?
- How do you use audio and web conferencing in your business?
The first question helps us understand the prospect’s top of mind issues and pain points. We provide this data to our sales team so they can tailor their approach and have a relevant conversation with the prospect during follow-up after the live event.
The second question allows us to pinpoint the use case(s) of the prospect’s organization. Are they using conferencing for lead generation webinars only? Or do they also use it for sales demos, online training, or collaborative meetings? We use this data to inform the sales team as well, but we also use it to drop prospects into different nurture tracks based on use case. Here’s how …
Get the Data into Eloqua
The ReadyTalk app on AppCloud allows you to instantly capture webinar attendance and interactivity data in Eloqua, including each individual’s specific responses to polling questions asked during the event.
To automatically record polling responses in Eloqua:
1. Add the ReadyTalk Post-Event Connector to the post-event portion of your Eloqua webinar program:
2. Create fields on your webinar data card to house each polling question and answer:
3. Set up the ReadyTalk Post-Event Connector to point to the appropriate webinar and then map each polling question and response to the appropriate field on the data card:
Make the Most of Polling Data
Once you have your polling data in Eloqua, the possibilities are endless. You can do things like:
- Increment a prospect’s lead score based on how they answered a question
- Route prospects who indicated they were interested in a demo to sales for immediate follow-up
- Tailor messaging in the follow-up email based on the prospect’s pain point
- Drop prospects into different Eloqua nurture tracks depending on their response
At ReadyTalk, we segment prospects into different nurture tracks based on their response to the polling question about how they use conferencing in their business. For example, those who indicated they use conferencing for online training are placed in the “Training” program, those who selected lead generation webinars are placed in the “Marketing” program, etc.
Hopefully, this article has sparked some ideas about how you can get more out of your next webinar by leveraging polling data in Eloqua!