I recently had to create a round robin assignment of new leads to sales. Since it took a bit to figure out, and many calls with the awesome Eloqua Tech Support, I thought I'd post it for reference.
Note, you will have to create and map a few fields along the way.
1. Create Group of Users who will receive the Leads
SETUP > ADMINISTRATION > USERS > NEW SECURITY GROUP
STEP 2. SYSTEM OPTIONS - do not change the default values
STEP 3. SELECT AGENTS - pick the members of the round robin assignment
2. Modify your CRM Update program (create only unique leads).
Find the decision rule immediately before the program step that creates a Lead in Salesforce. In my case it is this one:
Edit the ownership rule:
Add a new assignment rule, name it and pick Rule Type: Round-Robin
In the next screen, pick the group you created in step 1.
Save and close:
3. Create new program step: Update Source Records with Program Step Owner and pick the Contact Field Lead Owner in the Action Parameters.
Note that you might have to go create the field.
4. Find the Salesforce user ID of your sales people.
The quickest way to do that is select the user going to CHATTER > PEOPLE > [NAME] and then look at the URL. the last characters are the user ID, which you will need for the next step.
5. Create a new Program Step to populate Owner ID. The Default Action is Update Contact/Prospect/Company Data and new Update Rule:
This step is necessary to match the Eloqua Lead Owner field to the Salesforce Lead ID.
To create a new rule set:
In the rule, match the Salesforce User ID (an alphanumeric string) to the Eloqua User ID (in our case it is FistName.LastName)
Save and you should end up with this:
This is what the rules look like at the end.
I want to give a huge thanks to the Eloqua King that helped me through figuring this all out: cyoung, you rock!
Feel free to reach out if you have questions / comments.