Assuming that we all are aware of Custom Objects, for more info - https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/Help/CustomObjects/CustomObjects.htm
What is Custom Object Services? Custom object record services monitor the changes within a custom object. They run every 15 minutes and are used to automatically trigger one or more actions with your custom object records, such as sending them to a program.
Use Case: You wanted to collect alternate email addresses of few customers via form and would like to send emails to their alternate email address. We all aware that “Email Address” is a system field and submitting a new information via any form will create a new record in Eloqua also, saving the alternate email address in a custom contact field will not help, as we will not be able to send emails to them.
The below steps will help you to create form and collect form data (alternate email address) in a CDO and then send email to that alternate email address via Custom Object Services.
- Create a form with default email address and a custom field “alternate email address” with other required fields that you would like to have.
- Create a dummy custom Object.
- Add form processing steps –
Update Contacts – With Form Data, and
Update Custom Data Object – With Form Data
**Choose the step 2 dummy custom object under “Choose a Custom Object” section in Form Processing Steps.
4. Now, let’s get started with Custom Objects, open you dummy Custom Object, click on Custom Object Record Services and you will notice the below screenshot:
5. Edit the processing steps of “New Data” and “Modified Data” per your requirement.
6. Hit Save and repeat steps add and configure as many processing steps as needed to either service.
7. Return to the main menu for the custom object, and click Save.
** It is important to return to main menu and save to see options to enable those services.
8. Click the drop-down arrow to either service to which you've added steps:
- Edit Service Actions: you can continue to add, modify or delete the processing steps from the service.
- Run Service: Instantly run the service to test it.
- Enable Custom Object Record Service: Enable the service so that it carries out its processing step. There is a 15-minute wait until the first iteration of the service's function occurs.
9. Save and close.
For reports: Click Custom Object Record Services, then select one of the two options:
- Custom Object Record Service History: Summary of all the changes that have been made to the services
- Custom Object Record Service Run History: Summary of every instance the service has been run.
For more information on Custom object record service click here - https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/Help/CustomObjects/Tasks/ManagingCustomObjectRecordServices.htm