You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Linking to mulitple internal javascript files subject to staging and promotion

Received Response
Views
Comments
edited Mar 24, 2015 7:44AM in Customer Portal 1 comment

Content

I have a directory structure of jQuery plugins that I want to include in pages. Linking to an external javascript file is quite easy as you are providing the fully qualified URL. But for files stored within the portal, the difference between what shows up in WebDAV and how they are actually referenced in the different environment makes it hard to properly reference them in code.

I want to place these javascript folders in a place in the portal which are governed by the staging and promoting procedures ( /euf/assets/* are not version controlled, with the notable exception of /euf/assets/themes/ , for example) so that a change to the file from WebDAV doesn't change what is referenced from the production environment. In other words, I want to have proper version control over the files in question via the portal. I want to make sure that the files I add are in a location where a staging and a promotion are required before the changes go live - either

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!