We'd love to hear from you! Provide  feedback  to earn a badge today. Take our quick survey
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Testing chat add-ins / starting a chat as the agent

Received Response
Views
Comments
edited Dec 11, 2018 9:48PM in Agent Desktop 2 comments

Summary

I want to test a chat add-in outside of business hours and can't figure out how to do so.

Content

My company has a workspace add-in for chats. Our current method of testing in production is pretty involved - we currently make a special chat queue, assign a profile to only that queue, apply a business rule to direct chat requests from my email address to that queue, and the test by sending chats from the website with my email address. 
This is a bad system because it requires testing to occur during chat hours - obviously we test the add-ins in sandboxes before we push to production, but there is a lot of site-specific configuration associated with the add-in, so updating during chat hours can cause downtime for it.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!