You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Global Event Handler

Question
Views
Comments
edited Jun 13, 2022 4:11AM in General Technical Discussions

Summary

I'm trying to implement a "global eventaggregator", but I'm not sure if that's doable

Content

Hi, I'm trying to implement a mechanism that allows Console add-ins to exchange messages / handle events triggered by another add-in. The approach based on TriggerNamedEvent / RuleActionInvoked is limited to workspace components, I'd like to implement something more powerful. The "event aggregator" part works smoothly WITHIN the same add-in: I can publish/subscribe to events with generic parameters and everything is working as expected. But in order to be a GLOBAL event aggregator, the static variable eventSubscribers should contain ALL the registered events. Instead it contains only the events registered by the current add-in, so when an event is triggered, there is no way to "propagate" it to other add-ins because the same class "belongs" to different assemblies.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!