You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Customer Portal Report : Master-Detail Data Display

Received Response
Views
Comments
edited Aug 14, 2019 12:11PM in Customer Portal 2 comments

Summary

Show Master data in Grid Format & Details in Layout format below

Content

Hello,

I'm working on displaying Master-Detail report information on the Customer Portal.

I'm keen to hear ideas for the simplest approach & whether anybody has done anything similar before? 

I would like to display Master Data in Grid Layout & linked Detail Data in Tabular format below. My attached image probably better describes what I'm trying to achieve.

I've used the search/FilterDropdown widget to filter Master Data which is then displayed via the reports/Grid
widget. The report specified in the grid widget has a column output in URL format & I append an ID to the URL. So when the link is clicked in the data grid the ID is added to the URL. This ID is used by a customised reports/Multiline widget to display further details specific to the data row.  I've customised the display of the reports/multiline widget to achieve this.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!