We'd love to hear from you! Provide  feedback  to earn a badge today. Take our quick survey
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

REST API: Creating a Custom Object With a Relationship

Accepted answer
Views
Comments
edited Oct 18, 2019 8:20PM in Integrations and APIs 2 comments

Content

Hi,

I would like to create a custom object using the REST API that has a relationship with the incident ID field. I am able to create custom objects that don't have a relationship but I'm having trouble figuring out how to represent the incident ID in the body of the request when there is a relationship. Attached image shows the details for a much-simplified version of the object I'm dealing with. 

When I try to represent the incident ID value with a simple int or string I get back a 400 error: " Invalid type specified for property SimpleThread.incidentID". When I GET a thread I receive a list of links for the incidentID field. I included the code showing what is returned below. I tried using something similar to represent the incident when I create the object but that also throws up errors.

Tagged:

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!