We'd love to hear from you! Provide  feedback  to earn a badge today. Take our quick survey
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

BI Publisher Bursting - failure log?

Received Response
Views
Comments
edited Dec 12, 2019 5:38PM in Oracle Analytics 1 comment

Summary

Looking for logs of BI Publisher failures

Content

Working in BI Publisher 12c.  Created a bursting definition (SQL) in a data model.  I deliberately introduced an error in that SQL, creating PARAMATER1 instead of PARAMETER1.  When I submitted the job, it failed, as expected.

In this particular case, I KNOW where the error was, because I deliberately put it there.  But what if I didn't know why the job failed?  When a BI Pub bursting job fails, where is that failure logged so that we can try to diagnose the reason for the failure?  I don't see it in any log that I know of.  In this particular case, the query itself was logged in the query log - it was sent to the database and data was returned.  But is the reason for the job's failure logged somewhere else?

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!