Register today for Oracle CloudWorld. October 17th - 20th, Las Vegas

Register now

Hillel Cooperman, Senior VP of User Experience Design, has a message for you on Oracle CloudWorld

Watch now
PCMCS Reporting with Tableau — Cloud Customer Connect
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

PCMCS Reporting with Tableau

Question
Views
Comments

Content

I am attempting to report on PCMCS data from Tableau. I am looking for any guides or assistance if this has been completed previously. I believe this may be a great deal of work to accomplish and I would like to understand all of the steps needed to accomplish this goal.

My first thought was connecting Tableau directly to PCMCS through the Essbase driver that is available for Tableau. I do not believe this is possible because Oracle does not expose the back end ASO cube in a manner that would allow Tableau to connect.

My second thought was extracting level 0 data from the application and moving it as a flat file. I am relatively confident that I can get the level 0 data exported into a flat file that would be sufficient. Issues arise when that data needs to be aggregated to multiple levels in the hierarchies that would not be provided by a level 0 extract. A work around for this could be a vlookup/macro that identifies the level 0 members and assigns them the correct higher level nodes in additional columns. However, ragged hierarchies do not work very well in Tableau.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!