You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Microsoft Project add-ins for Project Execution Management (PEM) and Project Financial Management (P

Question
Views
Comments
edited Oct 21, 2020 11:56AM in Project Management

Content

I'd like to know if anyone is using the Microsoft Project add-in for Project Execution Management (PEM) or Project Financial Management (PFM) in a live Oracle ERP Cloud instance?

If so, what are your experiences / thoughts? Specifically:-

• What challenges/issues did you have during implementation?
  • Did any concessions need to be made with respect to existing business processes, and if so, what were they?
  • What do users think of the experience?

Regarding my own experiences, neither add-in has met the needs of my current and previous project requirements. There are a few common sticking points:-

1. We intend to carry on using Microsoft Project as our primary planning tool. That really rules out both the use of the MSP add-in for PEM as well as PEM itself. This is due to the fact that the MSP add-in for PEM is one-way/one time only i.e. it doesn't allow plans to be synchronised between MSP and PEM on an ongoing basis.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!