Introduction to External Objects
In this article we will look at creating an integration with an OData service using External Objects.
There are 4 steps needed to achieve this
- Profile Permissions to access the External Objects Configuration UI
- Configure the integration using the External Objects UI
- Create reports using the report designer
- Run the report
The External Objects configuration UI is available in the Agent Browser UI and in order to access the account profile needs to have Administrator permissions. This step is a prerequisite to access the External Objects UI.
- Login to the Smart Client with an admin account
- Click Configuration on the navigation pane.