You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Reporting Currency CalculationStatus No Data

Question
Views
Comments

Summary

Reporting Currencies to be used for constant currency not working as expected

Content

In my app I've added currencies to be used for constant currency reporting.  For example, I added PY_RATE and checked it as a Reporting Currency.  I input the currency rates, to all years in play for this app, Dec 2017 forward.  I consolidated, and originally noted the FCCS_Status_CalculationStatus for Dec FY17 indicated No Data.  January 2018 showed status Translation Needed, so I ran the translation rule for PY_RATE.  Income statement accounts worked fine, balance sheet did not tie to expected results.

On the balance sheet accounts, I found the issue in my reporting currency was no opening balance, only the current period activity translated, opening balance was zero, related to the No Data status in Dec 2017.  To remedy, I found if I submitted zero to a single balance sheet account in Dec 2017, the reporting currency, in my words, was kick started.  Dec 2017 no longer indicated No Data, it reported Translation needed, so I ran the translation. Jan 2018 I consolidated and then ran translation, for PY_RATE, and now both balance sheet and income statement accounts gave me the correct

Tagged:

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!