What's new in Customer Journeys?

Connect and learn more! ×
How do I get publishing a draft answer to trigger advanced business rules? — Cloud Customer Connect
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

How do I get publishing a draft answer to trigger advanced business rules?

Accepted answer
Views
Comments

Summary:

We are using Answer versioning for creating draft versions of answers for review prior to publication. We also have advanced business rules to force Answers to be reviewed and updated or automatically unpublished. When using the Publish button for a draft Answer, the business rules do not trigger. How do I get them to trigger?

Content (required):

Hello,

I submitted a support ticket about this issue 230808-000057, and got a very disappointing response that said that publishing a draft answer isn't supposed to trigger business rules, therefore it is working as it should. This seems silly to me, that updating an answer using versioning won't trigger business rules but editing the answer directly will? This makes our answer editors have to not only publish a draft answer, but then edit the newly updated answer again to trigger the rules. It makes no sense to me that the business rules for Answers will not trigger when

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!