We'd love to hear from you! Provide  feedback  to earn a badge today. Take our quick survey
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

How to get a workspace add-in to accept parameters at design time

Accepted answer
Views
Comments
edited Dec 14, 2015 10:58AM in UI Extensibility 7 comments

Content

Can somebody tell me how to make a workspace control add-in accept parameters.  For example, the built in Titlebar control has parameters for auto ellipsis, padding, and margin.

I thought it had something to do with [ServerConfigProperty], but that doesn't seem to do anything, so I am probably barking up the wrong tree.

My parameter is simply a string.

How is this done?

EDIT:

Having hunted around a bit more, I have found WorkspaceConfigPropertyAttribute in RightNowAddIns.AddInViews, which according to its description should be what I need to use.

The description:

The WorkspaceConfigAttribute should be applied to public properties whose values you want persisted in the workspace. Valid for use only on IWorkspaceComponent2 interface Valid only for string, integer and bool types Persisted values for integer types are limited to positive values by the designer

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!