You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

New Incident off of Organization

Question
Views
Comments
edited May 31, 2016 11:29PM in UI Extensibility

Content

I'm trying to do some work around creating a many-many contact to org relationship, and part of that involves being able to create an incident from either a contact or an organization. When I create an incident from a contact, the CID is populated in the incident record for my addins to consume and use to search for related orgs in my CBO. However, when I create a new incident from an Organization, the incident that comes up does NOT have the OrgID populated. 

I assume this has something to do with the hard linking that OSVC does between contacts and orgs, so it sees no contact and as a result, does not link the org. Regardless of the why, I need to get around this problem. Right now I'm thinking of some sort of action to create a new FK on incident to org and trying to find a way to populate that either on new incident click or via looking through the context record to see if there is an org open and grabbing that. Before I go down that rabbit hole

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!