We'd love to hear from you! Provide  feedback  to earn a badge today. Take our quick survey
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

How do I access IChatAgentInfo / get the agent's name?

Accepted answer
Views
Comments
edited Jun 30, 2017 5:23PM in UI Extensibility 3 comments

Content

Hello,
I have a chat workspace add-in and I would like to display the agent's name in it.

In my extensions of IWorkspaceComponentFactory2, I am able to get the IGlobalContext (from public bool Initialize(IGlobalContext globalContext)), and the IRecordContext (public IWorkspaceComponent2 CreateControl(bool inDesignMode, IRecordContext recordContext)). I have been able to get most of the information I need directly from those, or from casting. However, neither gives me access to the agent's name.

I have found an "IChatAgentInfo" interface in the desktop documentation, but I don't understand how/where to access it, and I can't seem to find anything from googling it, looking through add-in documentation, or in the forums. Is it still in use? How do I access it when I load my add-in?

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!