You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Knowledge Search from within PeopleSoft home page

Received Response
Views
Comments
edited Jul 15, 2016 2:30PM in Knowledge Management 1 comment

Content

I needed to be able to search the Service Cloud Knowledge from the users PeopleSoft home page(s).  PeopleSoft being a very open application I thought this would be a straightforward task, use something like the PeopleSoft Pagelet Wizard to place the Service Cloud Syndicated Widget HTML.  

Well, after some trial and error and some help from my buddy Jim, it appears as if there is a little trick to get the Service Cloud Syndicated Widget HTML to work using the PeopleSoft Pagelet Wizard.

The trick was to add a comment tag between the empty div (that Service Cloud KB widget generates). The PeopleSoft page assembler uses HTML Tidy to clean up pages. That clean up process deletes empty divs. That is great, except when you have JavaScript like this that expects to populate an empty div.  So that is why the comment,  <!-- DON'T DELETE --> , was added to my Service Cloud syndicated Widget html.  

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!