Let's Reconnect, thank you for making 2022 our best year yet.

Look Back
Filter returns less results than slice — Cloud Customer Connect
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Filter returns less results than slice

Accepted answer
Views
Comments
edited Jun 5, 2015 5:11PM in Reporting & Analytics for B2C Service 1 comment

Content

I ran across a fun one...  An agent reported seeing some, but not all, opportunities in a report.  There is an opportunity workspace rule that assigns an opportunity to account "Contract Admin".  I'll skip all of my trouble shooting steps, but the thing that helped me identify the issue was to add accounts.acct_id (entity id) to an All Opportunities report.

When using a filter to narrow results, I get back only opportunities assigned to the correct "Contract Admin" account.  When using a slice to narrow results I get back all (the desired results, about double the records) opportunities assigned to "Contract Admin" but since I added the entity id column I can see that there are two different "Contract Admin" accounts.  I'm guessing at some point the contract admin account got deleted and re-added.  The auto assign rule was still assigning new opportunities to the old deleted account.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!