BMC Software is seeking a Lead Marketing Analyst to join our Marketing Reporting & Analytics team. In this role, you will work alongside key business stakeholders and marketing operations to deliver best-in-class insights that lead to increased marketing sourced and influenced pipeline.
The Lead Marketing Analyst is an excellent communicator with proven analytical and technical skills, an aptitude for accuracy and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, fluid environment. They have the ability to understand the business needs and correlate those needs with the available data. They are comfortable working with and accessing data through the use of tools such as SAS, SQL and Visual Analytics platforms such as MicroStrategy and Tableau.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively frame a business case, analyze disperse data sets and tell a powerful story and present findings to leadership team including Directors and VPs
- Display actionable insights in a visually simple, easy to understand manner.
- Presenting conclusions, making recommendations and driving action based on the data
- Providing analysis of marketing and related sales activity data (programs, campaigns, tactics, leads, opportunities, etc.)
- Analyzing marketing data for identifying cause-effect relationships between marketing actions to increase pipeline, revenue and financial outcomes
- Integrating market research information with sales and business information to identify new marketing opportunities that generate new leads/opportunities and/or accelerate existing opportunities to close
- Develop strong understanding of BMC’s processes, data and reporting
- Perform ad hoc duties in accordance with business needs.
- Meet deadlines and quality standards as defined by project scope(s).
- Interact in a professional and cooperative manner with all levels of colleagues and management.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of B2B marketing and/or analytics experience including marketing and sales processes
- End-to-end experience with BI analytics/visualization tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau
- Experience with scripting languages(s) such as SAS, R, Python, or any other open-source
- Experience with marketing automation and sales force automation tools (Eloqua/SFDC)
- Good understanding of the SiriusDecisions demand waterfall and the various stages/KPI’s
- Very strong understanding of data analysis techniques and processes
- Very detailed oriented, able to multi-task, and follow through on action items
- Mature and experienced interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly build rapport and relationships with key business stakeholders
- Able to handle pressure situations in a tactful and professional manner
- Able to work with team members offshore (India) to give clear guidance and direction
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics preferred.
- Strong skills with the rest of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)