3. MOS Configurations and Settings

1. Solutions Generated When Creating a SR

2. Hot Topics Email

3. Knowledge Preferences

MOS/Cloud Support Introduction

Accessing the MOS Knowledge Base

1. Navigate to https://support.oracle.com
    2. Log in using your MOS credentials
    3. Once within MOS, click the Knowledge tab at the top of the page to access the Knowledge Base

The Difference between My Oracle Support and Cloud Support

There are two support portals for clients - My Oracle Support and Cloud Support.

My Oracle Support:

Cloud Support:

How to use the MOS Knowledge Base

How to Search Effectively

Review the following tips to improve your search results:

• Search Terms:
      • Use specific search terms in your query including any arguments which are associated with any error message.
      • If you want to receive search suggestions as you type in your query, setup your Knowledge preferences.
      • When searching the Knowledge Base, Knowledge Base Archive, and Community, the more grammatically rich and detailed a search is the better.
    • Product Focus: There are several ways that you can perform product-based searches within the Knowledge Base. Doing any of the following will limit your results on the Knowledge Base to the product or product line selected:
      • Create a PowerView to filter for a product over all areas of My Oracle Support.
      • Before performing a search, on the Knowledge tab, select a product line or a product.
      • After performing a search use either the product selector to type in your product name or select your product line, product area, or product group from within the search results list.

After performing the initial search, use the product selector at the top of the KM Results page to further refine your search. Each of the search results in the Knowledge category and some of the documents in the Archive and Community categories have an inline product listing that can be clicked to refine the search results by product.

• Saved searches: You cannot save a particular search. However, you can select from the set of recent searches listed in the Recent Activity tab in the Knowledge Base and the menu in the global search box, at the top of every My Oracle Support page.
    • Search Tips: Search tips can be triggered by search terms. They recommended a document or provide an option to continue to view the result set.
      searchtips.png

PowerView

Do you want to filter and search for only a few of the thousands of Oracle products? Use PowerView to eliminate Knowledge Base search results from all of those other products. Create and save PowerViews for a specific set of products, turn it on, and automatically filter Knowledge based on the filter.

The PowerView menu is on the My Oracle Support top title bar. To open the PowerView menu, click the ▼ arrow on the right of the PowerView button.

Use this menu to:

• Turn Powerview on or off
    • Edit the current Powerview
    • Create a new Powerview filter
    • View recent or named Powerview filters
    • Manage Powerview filters

For more information about and examples of PowerViews, view the short video available in the Knowledge Document ID 1544003.1, "Discover how to use My Oracle Support - Searching by Product or Support Identifier using PowerView": https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1544003.1

Creating a PowerView

To create a PowerView:

1. Click the ▼ arrow next to PowerView is Off to open the PowerView menu.
    2. Then click New to begin the configuration.
    3. Within the configuration window, click Support Identifier to reveal the PowerView menu to see the filter options.
    4. Choose Product.
    5. Choose the relevant products based on which OMC product(s) you are using:
      1. Eloqua: Oracle Eloqua Marketing Cloud Service
      2. Oracle Content Marketing/Compendium: Oracle Eloqua Content Marketing Cloud Service
      3. Responsys: Oracle Responsys Marketing Platform Cloud Service
      4. PushIO: Oracle Responsys Push Cloud Service
      5. BlueKai: Oracle BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace Cloud Service
        Note: You can select multiple products
    6. Click Create.
    7. The PowerView will now be in use during your next Knowledge Base search.

Editing a PowerView

• If PowerView is on, the name of the current PowerView appears in the title bar.
    • To edit the current PowerView, select Edit from the PowerView menu.

Removing a PowerView

1. Select Manage PowerViews from the PowerView menu.
    2. Select a PowerView from the list, then click Remove Selected.
      • Use the Shift+Ctrl (or the Command key on Macintosh) to select more than one PowerView.

Adding and Viewing Favorite Articles

Adding favorite articles is a way for users to bookmark useful documents for later reference and usage.

• Note: Adding favorite articles is functionality available in the My Oracle Support portal. The Cloud Support portal does not currently offer this feature.

To add a favorite article:

1. Navigate to the relevant document in the My Oracle Support portal.
    2. Click the star icon at the top of the document, to the left of the title.
      FavArticles.png
    3. This article is now saved as a favorite.

To review favorite articles:

1. Click the Knowledge tab in the My Oracle Support portal.
    2. Under the Knowledge Base heading, click Favorite Articles.
    3. Users will see all saved favorite articles.

How to Provide Feedback on a Document

You can provide feedback on a document by selecting Yes or No under the question ”Was this article helpful?”, located in the top-right corner of most documents. You are then given the opportunity to send comments to Oracle's Knowledge Management Team to help improve the document.

KBFeedback.png

When you provide feedback on documents, you are helping Oracle improve document quality and effectiveness. All comments are evaluated by the Oracle Knowledge Management Team. When the feedback points out needed enhancement, the document is flagged internally for maintenance work, and updated accordingly. Your responses are used to assess the document's usefulness and overall effectiveness.

Recommended KB Articles

MOS Configurations and Settings

Solutions Generated When Creating a SR

• When creating a Service Request to get assistance on an issue, there is a good chance that the Knowledge Base already has the answer!  There are currently over 1500 published articles relating to the various OMC products. These articles include:
      • FAQs
      • How to’s
      • Reference materials
      • Problem solving documents which include common error symptoms with the associated cause(s) and resolution.
    • My Oracle Support can include suggested solutions based on keywords in the title of your Service Request.
    • By default, the Service Request Wizard is set to on, and you will receive suggested solutions from the Knowledge Base after you enter basic information about your issue in step 2.
    • If you do not receive suggested solutions then you are likely using Cloud Support rather than My Oracle Support. At this point, Cloud Support does not offer the ability for users to receive solutions upon creating a SR. This functionality currently exists only in My Oracle Support.
    • If you want to receive suggested solutions before creating a SR, then click the Knowledge tab in Cloud Support or My Oracle Support to search for articles relating to the question or issue you have.

Hot Topics Email

My Oracle Support lets you subscribe to email notifications, providing information about a range of Oracle products. You can also subscribe specifically to email alerts about Knowledge Base articles as well as your service requests.

The Hot Topics Email sends an email message with links to content that has changed based on your selections made on the Hot Topics Email page. Because this feature can generate a high volume of emails, choose only products that are of immediate importance to you. As you become more involved with new products or less with other products, you can add or remove products from the list.

To Set Up Hot Topics Emails:

1. Log in to the My Oracle Support portal.
    2. On the top menu, click More, then Settings.
    3. On the left-hand menu, under the Personal heading, select Hot Topics E-Mail.
    4. Configure the settings:
      • Choose your Delivery Options including frequency and format.
      • Under Content to Include, check “Documents I’ve marked as favorites” to see updates to your favorite documents.
      • Under Selected Products, add the product(s) that you want to receive information about.
        • Eloqua: Oracle Eloqua Marketing Cloud Service
        • Oracle Content Marketing/Compendium: Oracle Eloqua Content Marketing Cloud Service
        • Responsys: Oracle Responsys Marketing Platform Cloud Service
        • PushIO: Oracle Responsys Push Cloud Service
        • BlueKai: Oracle BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace Cloud Service
      • Ensure that “Knowledge Articles” is checked before proceeding.
    5. At the bottom of the screen, click Apply to finalize your changes.

Knowledge Preferences

My Oracle Support offers the ability for users to customize their knowledge preferences within the portal.

To customize Knowledge Preferences:

1. Log in to the My Oracle Support portal.
    2. On the top menu, click More, then Settings.
    3. On the left-hand menu, under the Personal heading, select Knowledge Preferences.
    4. See below for the Knowledge Preferences configurations. When finished making desired changes, click Apply Changes to finalize the settings.

Knowledge Preferences configurations:

KnowledgePreferences.png

Search Term Suggestions

• Specify whether you want to receive search suggestions in the global search box and the Knowledge Base
    • When set to Yes, search suggestions will be listed as you enter text in the Search Knowledge Base box, available at the top right side of any My Oracle Support window.
    • Up to ten suggestions are presented as you type search words. Search suggestions work as follows:
    • The search suggestions feature facilitates more precise searches by providing type-ahead functionality when you enter keywords in the Global Search Bar.
    • Because the suggestions come from the Knowledge Base, suggestions presented are based on what is known to exist. Spelling errors can be avoided and because a phrase that is suggested must have at least two words, My Oracle Support can guide you to use better search terms.

Search Intent Clarification

• When this option is selected, you will receive clarifying questions when searching for certain terms like upgrade, install, etc.
    • By default, this option is set to On.

Solutions During SR Creation

• When this option is selected, you will receive suggested solutions from the Knowledge Base after you enter basic information about your issue in the Service Request wizard, in step 2. ClickOff to omit this step in the Service Request wizard.

Enable Search Product Boosting

• When this option is selected, documents associated with the products in the MOS user's recent list will receive more weight or a "boost" in the search results.

Relevancy

• When this option is selected, the document relevancy rating is displayed.

Inline Product Hierarchy

• When this option is selected, knowledge base documents display the most relevant product hierarchy (for the document) under the document summary on the KM Results page.

Snippet

• When this option is selected, the first occurrences of the search terms are displayed under the document title, in the KM Results page.