Oracle Agile Applications
Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 9.3]
Oracle Agile Product Cost Management - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 9.3]
Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 9.3]
Oracle Agile Product Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Starting April 2017, Agile PLM (A9) will ship code fixes through RUPs (Release Update Packs) on Agile PLM release versions 9.3.5 and 9.3.6 instead of limited availability one-off patches.
The objective is to ensure an easier patch application process and overall better software quality. Agile PLM 9.3.5 and 9.3.6 customers will now be able to plan and install RUPs on a regular basis to take advantage of the latest identified issues and no longer having to wait for our annually scheduled release.
The benefits to our customers are the following:
- Ease of patch application: Customers will no longer have to manage patch prerequisites and incompatibilities. They can apply the RUP which includes the fix for the reported issue(s).
- Better overall quality: All RUPs will go through quality testing thus enabling customers to easily get the latest quality software for their Agile PLM release.
- Regular releases: RUPs will be released monthly or bi monthly depending on the RUP content. Oracle Development will ensure there is no negative lead time compared to the previous single patch release process.
A Release Update Pack will be a single consolidated patch consisting of a collection of defect fixes. The release includes any critical client one-off patches delivered since the previous release or RUP and fixed issues targeted specifically for the RUP. All RUPs will be cumulative and will include those fixes provided in earlier RUPs. Release Update Packs will exclude database changes, data migration, and, with only approved exceptions, enhancements. RUPs will be released like a patch and available for download on My Oracle Support.
- Oracle Agile PLM 9.3.5 RUP1 (18.104.22.168) - Patch 26048527
- Oracle Agile PLM 9.3.6 RUP1 (22.214.171.124) - Coming Soon
Fixes delivered in a RUP will be documented in the RUP readme.
By moving to regular RUP releases, Agile PLM customers will now have greater visibility into bugs being fixed within a RUP release versus custom one-off customer fixes which were then later rolled into annual releases.
This announcement is for information purposes only. Agile PLM customers are recommended to mark this note as a favorite and subscribe to My Oracle Support (MOS) updates.
How to subscribe to MOS Note updates - Mark this note as a Favorite (click the Star next to the title) and then turn on notifications your preferences. Reference the Enabling Hot Topics section under the Just the Facts tab of Doc ID 793436.2 (My Oracle Support How to Series: How to use Hot Topics Email notification to subscribe to Support Product News, SRs, Bugs, etc. and events so that you Never Miss an Important Update).
Please contact Oracle Support if you have any questions.
NOTE:2156962.1 - Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management Error Correction Support Policy
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask in Community.
- Oracle Agile Applications
- More Applications & Technologies > Oracle Agile > Product Lifecycle Management > Oracle Agile Product Collaboration
- More Applications & Technologies > Oracle Agile > Product Lifecycle Management > Oracle Agile Product Cost Management
- More Applications & Technologies > Oracle Agile > Product Lifecycle Management > Oracle Agile PLM Framework
- More Applications & Technologies > Oracle Agile > Product Lifecycle Management > Oracle Agile Product Portfolio Management
- More Applications & Technologies > Oracle Agile > Product Lifecycle Management > Oracle Agile Product Governance and Compliance
- PLA-Support > EBS > MFG > PLM and EV > EBS: PLM Core ( Primary )