Meet the MOSC Team!

Version 12

Jennifer Butterfield-Oracle

Jennifer.PNG

Alexis Brown-Oracle

Alexis Brown.jpg

• Describe your role to us - what do you do on a day-to-day basis?
      • I do everything the community needs me to do!   I am heavily involved in the development of rewards and recognition programs for the My Oracle Support Community, as well as metrics evaluation and dashboard design.  I serve as a liaison between many different groups of individuals -- between our many valued customer users, our Global Customer Support leadership teams, MOSC moderators and product line champions, and the engineering teams who help keep the Jive background operations running smoothly.   I do a lot of "fixing", too -- making sure that anyone experiencing problems with the community is taken care of, and that the inevitable day to day chaos is kept to a minimum.    
    • What is your favorite place in the community?
    • What is one of your favorite features in the community?
      • I love the polls.  I'm always trying to come up with interesting topics to vote on and discuss, just so I can consolidate all that information later and blog about it.  Ideation is really cool too; this feature allows users to suggest improvements to products, and other community members can vote up/down and add to the conversation.  What a great way to potentially influence the direction of an Oracle product!
    • Share one fun fact about yourself!
      • I have a rescue dog named Miles (a Chinook) who had been so abused as a puppy that he wouldn't leave the corner even to eat or relieve himself.  His tail was (I thought) permanently stuck between his rear legs when we adopted him!  Now, nine years later, he performs in agility training, can turn on touch lights by command, knows the meanings of 40+ different words and phrases, and has made me the proudest mama of a fur-baby ever. 
    • Describe your role to us - what do you do on a day-to-day basis?
      • Being the community administrator for the My Oracle Support Community, I get to work on many different elements of the community. This allows for my role to be engaging, exciting, and very busy! Several of my primary day-to-day tasks involve:
        • Management and oversight of all MOSC spaces, subspaces, and groups.
        • Moderation of all content and the creation of new content.
        • Community governance - ensuring all content is appropriate, all places are managed, and users are able to find what they need!
        • Training, communications, and collaboration with the MOSC champions and moderators.
        • Creation of training and help documentation to guide users to successful customer and product experience.
        • Community manager reports and community measurement.
        • Research on industry standards and best practices.
    • What is your favorite place in the community?
    • What is one of your favorite features in the community?
      • One of my favorite features in the community is the @mention feature. It allows for a very easy and simple way to reference specific content or places in the community, or give a shout out to a specific community member. If you aren't familiar with it, you can learn more about it in this document: Shout Out to People, Places, and Content
    • Share one fun fact about yourself!
      • I lived in Santa Cruz, California my entire life, until three years ago, I moved to Broomfield, Colorado!