July 2018 User of the Month!

Version 1

Jim D User of the Month.PNG

user+of+the+month.PNG

Congratulations to our July 2018 user of the month, Jim-D! Jim is a technical analyst for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, and has been an active member of the My Oracle Support Community since 2009. Although Jim primarily contributes within a few of the JDE1 sub-spaces, you will also see him assisting in community best practices and supporting other community users throughout My Oracle Support Community spaces. We want to thank Jim for all of his hard work, dedication, and support throughout MOSC!

Q&A+image.PNG

To get to know Jim even more, we went ahead and asked him a few questions:

Q: When did you first join the My Oracle Support Community?

A: I have been a member since December 7th, 2009. This was about a year after our company went live in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (E1).

Q: What are the spaces you most frequently visit, and why?

A: My primary commitment at work is to support E1, so I most frequently visit the JDEdwards EnterpriseOne (MOSC),Financial - JDE1 (MOSC), Distribution - JDE1 (MOSC), and CNC, DB and Operating System - JDE1 (MOSC)  sub-spaces. I also keep an eye on the *Getting Started (MOSC) and *Community Feedback and Suggestions (No Product Questions) (MOSC) to help new users.

Q: Do you have any community tips or tricks you want to share with others (i..e any favorite community features)?

A: I follow several spaces and then can quickly see what's new in my Connection Stream (see Creating Custom Streams to learn more). I also like the feature that converts a MOSC URL to a link with the right title (others can test this out by using the @mention feature), or a MOS Doc ID number to a link.

Q: In your reply to our “Introduce Yourself” document, you mentioned you have a part-time job working for the Fest for Beatles Fans convention (super cool!). Can you share more about this? What happens at this convention? How frequently does it occur? What is your role?

A: While in college, I had a summer job working for the Fest for Beatles Fans fulfilling catalog orders for Beatles T-shirts, CDs, and hundreds of other types of licensed merchandise. Although I now have a "real job", I still go to the conventions (March in the NYC area and August in Chicago) to work "happy ever after in the marketplace".  Each convention also features concerts with musicians who've played with the Beatles (e.g. Pete Best, Donovan, members of Wings), battle of the bands, sound-alike contest, art museum, trivia contests, discussions and presentations, and people jamming all night long.

beatles fest.jpg

Q: Any other fun facts you want to share about yourself?

A: I am the Cubmaster for our Cub Scout pack, president of my company's Toastmasters International club, and run the scoreboard for football games at the University of Delaware (my alma mater).

Jim D 1.png

Thank you, Jim-D, for all of your contributions and support throughout the My Oracle Support Community! Keep up the AWESOME work!