Activating a new Oracle Maxymiser Testing and Personalization Cloud Service subscription requires you to first gain access to and configure your Oracle Cloud Services. Oracle Cloud provides identity and access management capabilities and an administrative portal needed to activate Oracle Maxymiser.
When you activate a new subscription, you:
- Receive a welcome message with the needed activation links.
- Activate your Oracle Cloud Services account.
- Log in to Cloud Portal using the My Services URL.
- Create your Oracle Maxymiser service instance.
- Log in to Oracle Maxymiser.
- A buyer at your organization purchases a subscription for the Oracle Maxymiser Testing and Personalization Cloud Service.
- The buyer designates you as the initial account administrator (the activator) for the Oracle Cloud service.
- Ensure that you are using an Oracle Cloud supported web browser.
- Choose a name for your Oracle Cloud Services account. For example, use the name of your organization or group. This name is not the one used for your Maxymiser instance or account.
- Choose a name for your Oracle Maxymiser instance, which identifies your service within your Oracle Cloud - My Services identity domain (not the name of your Maxymiser account). For example, you could name the instance primary. The instance name must start with a letter and include a maximum of 25 numbers or lowercase letters. It cannot include spaces, upper case letters, special characters, or non-English characters.
After your organization purchases an Oracle Maxymiser account and identifies you as its activator, you should receive an email message from Oracle Cloud Services. Follow its instructions and links to activate your Oracle Cloud Service account.
To activate your account:
- Open the email message from Oracle Cloud Services with the Welcome to Oracle Cloud. Set up your account subject line.
- Click Activate My Services. The Activate My Services! page is displayed in your web browser.
- In the Cloud Account Name - Create New Account box, enter the name you would like to use for your Oracle Cloud account, such as your organization or division name.
- Disregard the data regions link. This option is not available for Oracle Maxymiser.
- Specify the first and last name of the administrator, such as your name.
- Click Activate Account. The Review Summary page informs you that you will receive a welcome email when the activation is completed.
After your Oracle Cloud Service account is activated, you will receive an email message with the Setup Complete. You're ready to go subject line. To complete the set up, log in to Oracle Cloud - My Services.
To log in to Oracle Cloud - My Services:
- Open the Setup Complete message, scroll to the My Services URL, and click the link. The Oracle Cloud Account Sign In page is displayed in your web browser.
- Enter the user name and temporary password provided in the message. The Identity Cloud Service | Change Password page is displayed. (The Identity Cloud Service manages user access for Oracle Cloud Services.)
- Follow the instructions on the page to enter a new password that meets the criteria and then confirm it.
- Click Submit. The Oracle Cloud - My Services Dashboard is displayed in your web browser and you should receive a confirmation email, which contains a link to the Account Login page.
Once you create an Oracle Maxymiser service instance, Oracle will configure your Maxymiser account and you will receive an email with further details about how to log in to Oracle Maxymiser.
To create your Oracle Maxymiser service instance:
- On the My Services dashboard, click the Create Instance tile. The Create Instance dialog is displayed.
- Locate Maxymiser and then click Create. The Create New Oracle Maxymiser Instance page is displayed.
- Enter a unique name for your Maxymiser instance.
- Change the administrator details if needed (for example, if you previously set up another administrator user for your identity domain). This should include your information or the contact information for the person who will be both the service instance administrator in the Oracle Cloud – My Services portal and the first account administrator created in Oracle Maxymiser. Oracle Cloud sends these administrator details to Oracle Maxymiser and the administrator specified here is set up as the Oracle Maxymiser account administrator. This administrator receives the welcome email after your Maxymiser account is configured. Specify the administrator's email address for the user name (recommended).
- Carefully review any changes, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Create. A confirmation dialog is displayed.
- Click Create to submit your create new instance request to Oracle. The Service Details - Overview page displays a banner a the top of the screen, which identifies the service instance that will be created.
- From the user profile menu, click Sign Out.
Your Maxymiser instance will not be immediately available. If you log back in to the Oracle Cloud – My Services portal before your service is activated, the service instance will not be listed unless you change the Service Instances filter to Show: All or to Show: Inactive. Until the service is activated, its status will be listed as Initialized. Once the service instance is activated, you can log back in to the Oracle Cloud - My Services portal and you will see that your service instance status will be listed as Active.
When the new service instance is ready to use, Oracle notifies you and the buyer by email. You should receive an email from Oracle Cloud with the Welcome to Oracle Cloud. Your service is ready subject line. As an Oracle Maxymiser account administrator, you should also receive an email from Oracle Maxymiser with the Welcome to Oracle Maxymiser! subject line. It contains the login information required to access your account and other important details.
To log in to Oracle Maxymiser:
- Open the Welcome to Oracle Maxymiser! message.
- Follow its instructions.
- When prompted, enter a new password that meets the criteria and then confirm it.
Note: If you need assistance with these activation procedures, see How can I get help with Oracle Cloud Services? or contact your Oracle Maxymiser customer success manager.