Follow these steps to get your new domain name registered and set up for use.
|1. Log into your Dyn account.|
|2. Select My Zones/Domains from the My Services column.|
|3. Click Add Zone Services to begin the domain purchase workflow.|
4. Fill out the following fields on the form that is presented:
- Domain Name Enter the domain name you wish to purchase.
- Name Registration Select the Register a new domain name name option.
- DNS Services Select one of the following options:
- Standard DNS – Unicast, 5-datacenters. $35/year
- Managed DNS Express – Anycast, 18-datacenters, starts at $5/mo.
- Secondary DNS – Unicast, 5-datacenter backup if you already have primary DNS. $39.99/year.
- I already have DNS service for this domain – You’ve already set up a zone for this with Dyn or another authoritative DNS provider.
- Email Routing If you require email services, select the option that is most appropriate to your use case. Otherwise, select “I already have mail hosting”.
Click Continue to proceed to the next step.
If you want to add multiple domains at once, select + add more names at the top of the screen to deploy more fields.
5. Fill out the contact information for your new domain (first time registrants, only – this will only appear if no contacts are associated with the account).
Note: This information must be accurate to comply with ICANN regulations. Dyn sends out an annual verification email on behalf of ICANN that must be confirmed in order for the name to stay in good standing.
6. Complete the Registration Details form by filling out/verifying the following fields:
- Nameservers Insert the name servers, one per line, that will be serving your DNS queries. By default, Dyn’s Domain Parking Service nameservers are in the box.
- Registrant Select the contact from the drop-down list, and then confirm the address.
- Admin Select the contact from the drop-down list, and then confirm the address.
- Billing Select the contact from the drop-down list, and then confirm the address.
- Tech Select the contact from the drop-down list, and then confirm the address.
- Use Secret Registration You can opt to have your WHOIS information obscured for an additional fee.
Accept the Terms and Conditions, and then click Continue.
|7. Proceed to Checkout and complete the purchase.|