We are pleased to introduce the Oracle Cloud Developer Image, an Oracle Linux 7 based, ready-to-run image that provides a comprehensive out-of-the-box development platform on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. The Oracle Cloud Developer Image enables you to rapidly pre-install, and automatically configure and launch a comprehensive development environment on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure that includes the latest tools, choice of popular development languages, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Software Development Kits (SDKs), and database connectors.
The Oracle Cloud Developer Image for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides you with easy access to all the tools needed throughout the development lifecycle at your fingertips. You can use command line and GUI tools to write, debug, and run code in a variety of languages, and develop modern applications on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
The introductory release of the Oracle Cloud Developer Image includes the following tools and packages:
- Latest Oracle Linux 7 image for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Languages and Oracle Database Connectors
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Command Line Interface (CLI), Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Tools
More tools and packages will be included with the Oracle Cloud Developer Image in upcoming releases.
Here are some examples of use cases where you can take advantage of the out-of-the-box tools included with the Oracle Cloud Developer Image:
- Easily access a VNC client or SSH to connect to a desktop environment
- Use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure CLI and SDKs
- Create an Autonomous Transaction Processing Database and connect to it using Python, Java, PHP, and Node.js
- Use Terraform scripts and templates to configure and build the cloud application infrastructure
- Run Docker containers
To get started, simply log into your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console, and deploy the image from the Marketplace by selecting Marketplace under the main navigation menu under Solutions, Platform and Edge. Search for and select ‘Oracle Cloud Developer Image’. Follow the click-through instructions to launch the Oracle Cloud Developer Image instance.
The Oracle Cloud Developer Image is available at no additional cost to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure subscribers. If you do not already have an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure account, register for one here. You can try out the Oracle Cloud Developer Image today with available free subscription credits on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
For more information, visit the following links: