April 2019 User of the Month!

Version 2

user+of+the+month.PNG

DubbsNix2.jpg

Congratulations to our April 2019 user of the month, DubbsNix! Over the past several months, Dave has made a wonderful impression across the My Oracle Support Community, providing helpful responses and supportive contributions. We want to thank Dave for his continued support in the My Oracle Support Community, and congratulate him on his well deserved feature!

Q&A+image.PNG

Q: What company do you work for and what is your role?

A: I work for The Family Building Society as their in-house UNIX Systems Administrator (SA). The Family Building Society is a trading name for National Counties Building Society which is well over a hundred years old. A Building Society is a bit like a Credit Union in the US. Prior to that, I spent around 20 years in the City of London as an SA in the Finance Sector.

Q: Where are you located?
    A: Just outside London in England, UK. Our Head Office where I work is an old Grade II listed building.

Q: When did you first join the My Oracle Support Community?
    A: I used to dip in and out a while back, but have been a real active member for around 6 months.

Q: What are the top 3 subspaces you visit most frequently in the community?

A: Apart from Welcome to MOSC, which never fails to amaze how large, diverse and wide-spread the Oracle community really is, I visit:

I'd also like to give a special mention, if I may, to Oracle Groundbreakers

Q: If you woke up tomorrow as an animal, what animal would you choose to be and why? 
    A: A Barn Owl. Firstly because of the flying thing (obviously), secondly, they're kind of apex predators; safety is important to me. Also it's cool they can twist their necks almost 360 degrees. Plus, I like barns.

DubbsNix.jpg

Dave (left), pictured with a Royal Air Force vet, Phillip (right)